The Dedham Food Pantry remains open to provide food to those Dedham residents in need during its usual hours of operation- Saturdays from 8-10:30 am and Senior Shopping (2nd & 4th Tuesdays from 1:30 – 3pm). You can also avail of our services if you have been laid off or your hours reduced from your place of employment due to the Covid 19 outbreak.
We understand that while some people who are laid off have sufficient financial resources for the period that they are out of work, others do not. No one should be concerned about their ability to feed themselves or their family during this crisis. Any Dedham resident that is concerned about their finances should feel free to come to the Pantry.
New clients who are out of work and who need food assistance due to lack of income can simply come to the Pantry on Saturday mornings from 8:30 to 10:30. Please bring proof of residency.
The Pantry will be doing a few things differently to limit the exposure of our clients and volunteers.
- Clients will be provided with pre-packaged bags of food rather than being able to select their own items, as we have traditionally done.
- We will not be accepting teenage volunteers.
- We ask that only one person per household come to the Pantry. If possible, clients should leave children at home.
- Clients arriving by car will be asked to wait in their car until we bring food to them and to opening their trunk or hatch to alert us that they are waiting.
- Clients will be handed food outside of the Panty and asked not to come inside the Pantry.
- The Pantry will attempt to deliver food to the door of our clients who cannot get out.
- The Pantry will be in need of volunteers who can pick up food from the Pantry and drop it off at the doors of those in quarantine.
The Pantry recognizes that some clients will be quarantined with the virus or asked to self-quarantine. If you are quarantined and in need of food please call or email the Pantry with your information.
The Dedham Food Pantry is located on the North side of the Dedham Plaza. Our shopping hours are Saturdays from 8:30 to 10:30. We also have shopping for seniors on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month from 1:30 to 3:00.
For more information:
- Check our web site
- Leave a message at 781-269-1541
- Email the Pantry at: Manager@DedhamFoodPantry.org.
As always, the Pantry appreciates financial donations and can again accept food donations.