YOU can help end hunger in our community by becoming a volunteer. If you have two or more hours to spare, please consider joining our team. Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Please check out the tasks below, find an opportunity that interests you & register online.
Saturday Shopping For All Clients
- Work with other volunteers to help Clients shop for food and load shopping cart contents into their vehicles.
- Break down boxes for recycling.
- Teens are welcome and all volunteers must wear mask.
- Shift hours: 7:45am – noon
Store Donation Pick-up
- Volunteer must own vehicle and requires pre-screening for orientation on store pick-up time and location.
- Must be able to lift several boxes of food donations.
- Stores: Costco, BJs, and Trader Joe’s Needham.
- Shift hours: 7am – 8:30 am depending on store opening time.
Wednesday Shopping For Senior Citizens
Senior Shopping Volunteer
- Assist Senior Citizen Clients shopping for food and also load shopping cart contents into their vehicle.
- 2nd/ 4th Wednesdays each month
- Shift hours: 1- 3 pm
Weekdays Behind the Scenes
- Work with other volunteers to sort food donations, restock shelves, recycle boxes & other duties.
- Shift hours:
- Thursdays from 2:30- 4:30 pm
- 2nd/4th Tuesdays from 1- 3 pm
Unload Food Bank Provisions
- Volunteer must be able to lift up to 30 lbs repetitively, must be able to reach overhead, and also some bending and turning.
- Shift hours:
- 1st Fridays each month from 8:45- 9:45 am
- 2nd/4th Tuesdays each month from 7:30- 9 am