YOU can take a role in helping end hunger in our community by becoming a volunteer. If you have two or more hours to spare, you should join our team. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age, and if younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Please check out the tasks below, find an opportunity that interests you & register online. Note: The volunteer tasks below have been modified for COVID-19. Volunteer today!
Saturday Shopping Volunteer
- Assist with contactless curbside pick-up of client food bags, recycle boxes and may require some lifting.
- Teens are welcome and all volunteers must wear mask.
- Shift hours: 8-10:30 am
Saturday Store Donations Pick-up
- These Volunteers are pre-screened by the Volunteer Coordinator to pick-up donations from the following Dedham stores- Costco, BJs, Star Market, and Trader Joes (Needham).
- Shift hours: 7am – 8:30 am depending on store opening time.
- Work with other volunteers to prepare food bags for the upcoming shopping day, and may require some lifting for up to 45 pounds.
- Teens over 16 are welcome and all volunteers must wear mask.
- Shift hours: Thursdays from 2:30-5 pm; or 2nd/4th Tuesdays from 1-3 pm.
Unload Food Bank Provisions
- Volunteer must be able to lift up to 45 lbs repetitively, must be able to reach overhead, and also some bending and turning.
- Shift hours: 2nd/4th Tuesday of the month from 7:30-9 am.
- Work at home at your own time
- Prepare proposals, gathers and formats information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals. Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Click here to apply.