YOU can help end hunger in our community by becoming a volunteer. If you have two or more hours to spare, please consider joining our team. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age, and if younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Please check out the tasks below, find an opportunity that interests you & register online. Volunteer today!
I. Trustee Assistant (1)
- This role is open only to trained volunteers who have worked the shopping desk managing Client check-ins
II. Shopping Volunteer (6)
- Work with other volunteers to help Clients shopping for food and loading shopping cart contents into their vehicle
- Break down boxes for recycling
- Teens are welcome and all volunteers must wear mask.
- Shift hours: 8-12 pm
III. Store Donation Pick-up (3)
- Volunteer must own vehicle and requires pre-screening for orientation on store pick-up time and location.
- Must be able to lift several boxes of food donations.
- Stores: Costco, BJs, and Trader Joe’s Needham
- Shift hours: 7am – 8:30 am depending on store opening time.
Senior Shopping Volunteer (2)
- Assist Senior Citizen Clients shopping for food and also load shopping cart contents into their vehicle.
- 2nd/ 4th Wednesdays each month
- Shift hours: 1- 3 pm
Stocking Crew (6)
- Work with other volunteers to sort food donations, restock shelves, recycle boxes & other duties.
- Shift hours:
- Thursdays from 2:30- 4:30 pm
- 2nd/4th Tuesdays from 1- 3 pm
Unload Food Bank Provisions (8)
- Volunteer must be able to lift up to 30 lbs repetitively, must be able to reach overhead, and also some bending and turning.
- Shift hours:
- 1st Fridays each month from 8:45- 9:45 am
- 2nd/4th Tuesdays each month from 7:30- 9 am
Grant Writer (1)
- Work at home at your own time
- Prepare proposals, gathers and formats information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals. Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Click here to apply.