Welcome to the Dedham Food Pantry website!
Our organization is a non-denominational, and non-political run entirely by volunteers and funded entirely by contributions. We were established in 1990 with the mission of ending hunger in the Dedham community.
In 2014, the Dedham Food Pantry distributed over 10,368 bags of food annually to 296 Dedham households. Our clients are families with children, the disabled, and senior citizens who may have fallen into hard times due to loss of employment, reduction in benefits, or just living on a fixed income.
The Dedham Food Pantry’s operations is run directly from donations received, and volunteers who have dedicated their time and resources to make a difference in the community. Local businesses like Costco, BJs, Trader Joes, Shaws, Stop and Shop, Panera Bread, Whole Foods, Wegman
- See below for our major fundraisers and donation events in 2013:
- 12/5/13- Holiday Harvest Telethon coordinated by Dedham TV
- 11/28/13- Family Gratitude- 5K Turkey Trot coordinated by Ripples of Hope
- 9/15/13- 2nd Annual Ride for Food coordinated by Three Squares New England
- 7/23/13- Grainger Presents $10,000
- 7/3/13- Whole Foods 5% Day coordinated by Whole Foods Dedham
- 6/8/13- 3rd Annual Feed the Need 5K coordinated by St. Luke’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
- 5/11/13- 2013 Stamp Out Hunger coordinated by US Post Office & Nobles and Greenough
- 2/21/13- Round It Up America coordinated by Yard House
- 1/28/13- Friends for Food coordinated by Stop and Shop
- Dec. 1-22- Showcase Cinema de Lux Holiday Classics
- Nov. 29- Holiday Harvest Telethon
- Nov. 22- Dedham Turkey Trot 5K Gratitude Run
- Nov. 1-21- Kings Dedham Bowl-a-Turkey
- Nov. 17- Dedham Junior Woman’s Club’s 31st Annual Craft Show
- Nov. 15- DMS Students Hold Annual Dedham Food Drive (Post from DedhamPatch)
- Oct. 26-28- Whole Foods Dedham Food Drive
- Oct. 19- 4th Annual Trivia Night
- Sept. 17-30-September 17-30, 2012 is Panera Bread Cereal Drive
- Sept. 16- Three Squares New England First Annual Ride For Food!
- July 24- Grainger Donates $10,000 to DFP
- June 9- St. Luke’s Church ‘Feed the Need’ Road Race
- May 12- Noble & Greenough & Dedham Letter Carriers ‘Stamp Out Hunger’ Food Drive
- May 7- Ameriprise “Think Green” Recycling Day & Food Drive
- May 6- Walk for Hunger
- Feb. 21- Dedham Stop & Shop presents $1,669 to DFP from their ‘Food For Friends’ Program!
- Feb. 8- Yard House Donates $7000 from ‘Round it Up America’ Campaign
- Jan. 22- Foundation for MetroWest donates $1,000
s and so much more regularly donate in kind. The generosity of our contributors has enabled the Dedham Food Pantry to provide an expanded range of fresh produce, milk, eggs and staples to Dedham residents and meet a continually expanding need.
- Make a tax deductible online donation
- To mail a check donation, please send it to: Dedham Food Pantry P. O. Box 46 Dedham, MA 02027
- Food Pantry Address: 600 Washington St. Dedham, MA 02026
- Phone: 781-320-9442
Please consider the Dedham Food Pantry for your 2014 tax-deductible donation!
Donation drop-off times:
- 2nd & 4th Wednesdays from 1:30-3:00 pm
- Thursdays from 3:00- 4:30 pm
- Saturdays from 8:00- 11:00 am